- Lecture Title: Energy Auditing and Sustainability in a 21st Century University
- Date: Monday, 23 April 2018
- Time: 10am
- Venue: Ajose Lecture Theater, O.A.U Ile-Ife
- Speaker: UV Krishna Mohan Rao, Chief Executive & Director, UVK Susnomics Engineering Private Limited, Chennai, India.
U V Krishna Mohan Rao, an International Expert on Energy & Water Efficiency and Green Business, is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and College of Engineering, University of Wisconsin, USA. Currently, he is the President of Society of Energy Engineers & Managers, India.
With consulting experience with over a thousand manufacturing and commercial building facilities globally including Bangladesh, China, USA, UK, France, Singapore, Maldives, Nepal, Nigeria, Hungary, Denmark, Ivory Coast, Thailand, Indonesia, UAE, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia, Mr Rao has been the National Expert for UNDP; Consultant to Asian Development Bank, USAID, United Nations, IFC/ World Bank on Energy Efficiency and Sustainability.
As an accomplished sustainability specialist, Mr Rao is recipient of several National and international Awards for his professional contribution for conservation including:
- India’s Best Energy Auditor Award by Petroleum Conservation Research Association
- Best Energy Services Company Award by Independent Power Producers Association of India
- Association of Energy Engineers USA Award for Asia-Pacific Region for the Best Waste to Wealth Project implemented
- Bry-Air Excellence National Award for best HVAC &R System Design
- Rotary Club Green Chariot Award for Environment Protection
At the personal level, UVK Rao’s passion for energy-water-environment conservation is amply reflected in his home “Viswa Syamalam” adjudged amongst first platinum rated Green Homes in India by Indian Green Building Council. His family received the Dalmia-Star-Vijay TV Award for their home “Viswa Syamalam”, as Best Powered House in Tamil Nadu, India.
Mr Rao co-authored the Hand Book on Energy Audit & Management for the Indian Industry published by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He authored the Financial Engineering Chapter for United Nations book on Energy Efficiency.
Mr Rao advises both domestic and international clients on green building concepts and certain clients have received carbon credits under the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) of the UN protocol.