The history of the Registrar’s Office of Obafemi Awolowo University dates back to 1962 when the then University of Ife was founded by the Government of the Western Region headed by Chief Obafemi Awolowo. The Registrar’s Office since inception has contributed immensely to the much-celebrated greatness of the University.
We provide real-time information for timely decision-making and answer inquiries with confidentiality and integrity for our Students, Faculty, and Administrators, while facilitating the achievement of the vision and mission of the University. We also provide timely support for the Directorates to deliver high quality service towards achieving a world class standard at Great Ife.
We are committed to supporting the goals and objectives of the founding fathers of the University by working together to recognize and meet the needs of our students and staff through mutual respect and partnership.With best wishes.
Responsibilities of the Registrar’s Office
By Statute 8 of the University books, the Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible in accordance with Section 3(3) of this Statute.
The Registrar’s Office is responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the University.
- The Registrar’s Office handles the promotion, training and retraining and discipline of Staff through the Directorate of Personnel Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former students through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office facilitates effective student registration and enrollment through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office also builds secure student data files and sets policy and procedure for their responsible use through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office maintains up-to-date course schedules, catalogs, final examination schedules through the Directorate of Academic Affairs;
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Council Affairs, coordinates the smooth operations of the University Governing Council;
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring/Management Information Systems Unit, develops a data bank for planning and budgeting and information system of the University; and
- The Registrar’s Office, through the Directorate of Corporate Services, handles the Publicity, Convocation Ceremonies, Protocol and Hospitality, Publication, Servicom and Immigration services needs of the University Community.
Vision, Mission & Objectives
To be the technological flagship of University Registry in the West African Sub-Region through harnessing technology for administrative excellence.
To engender the sense of selflessness and integrity in the public service, towards sustaining high-quality performance essential for making Obafemi Awolowo University the technological flagship of the West African Sub-Region.
The strategic objectives of the Unit are to:
- facilitate the overall good administration of the University through the provision of sound and untainted advice to the Vice-Chancellor as the Chief Executive and Principal Academic Officer of the University;
- promptly implement policy issues as directed by the Governing Council and the
- University Management;
- accurately serve as the repository of the records, rules and the regulations of the University;
- coordinate on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, administration of the University with respect to Personnel Matters, Governing Council Affairs, Academic Affairs, Public Relations and other General Services Duties.
Principal Executive Officer II:
Principal Executive Officer II:
Senior Executive Officer:
Higher Executive Officer:
Assistant Chief Confidential Secretary:
Confidential Secretary I:
Chief Secretariat Assistant:
|Senior Secretariat Assistant I:
Omisade Mary Ibilola (Miss)
50 wpm, 40 wpm, EDP
|Senior Secretariat Assistant I:
Alabi Taiwo Marcus
SSCE, Pitman, 35wpm, Trade Test, 50wpm, EDP
|Senior Clerical Officer:
Ojo Adedayo Moses
Kehinde Kolajo (Mrs.)
Nnamani Jephrey Godspower
|Senior Office Assistant:
Adeleke Caroline Nike (Mrs.)
HND in Public Admin.
|Senior Office Assistant:
Ojo Ebenezer Olabode
SSCE, OND, HND
|Senior Superintendent Driver:
Makinde Olurotimi Gabriel
Trade Test, First School Leaving Certificate, DDC I
Akinniyi Olaolu Alex
Principal Assistant Registrar:
Directorate of Personnel Affairs
Mr S.O. Adeyefa
Director of personnel Affairs
Director of the Directorate of Council Affairs
Mrs. A.A. Ajibola
Director of Council Affairs
Mrs. A.A. Ajibola is the Director of the Directorate of Council Affairs, Obafemi Awolowo University. She is a Legal practitioner by profession. She joined the services of Obafemi Awolowo University on the 1stof February, 1990. She worked initially in the Law Reports Unit of the Faculty of Law as Editor 1, till 1995. She was thereafter transferred to the Legal Unit of the Registry as a Senior Assistant Registrar. She rose through the ranks till she became a Deputy Registrar in 2002. In 2006 she was appointed on secondment as the Executive Director of the then newly created University Advancement Office. In August 2015, she finished her term returned to the Registry and was posted to the College of Health Sciences as College Secretary. In August 2016, she was posted to the Directorate of Council Affairs as the Director where she has been working till date.
She has attended several conferences, workshops, seminars and trainings on administration, Advancement/Fundraising and related matters, both within and outside Nigeria.
Directorate of Academic Affairs;
Mr. E.O Afolabi
Acting Director, Directorate of Corporate Services
Dr. E.O (Mrs.) Oyebisi
Acting Director, PBM/MISU
Dr. E.A. Agbaje
Acting Director, PBMU/MIS
Dr. E.A. Agbaje, Acting Director, Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring/ Management Information Systems Unit, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Personal Profile: I am a graduate with B.Sc. (1984) & M.Sc., (1994) degrees in Psychology and M.Phil. (1999) & Ph.D, (2006) degrees in Business Administration respectively. I have had over twenty-four (24) years working experience in university administration and worked in the various sections of the Obafemi Awolowo University Registry from November 1992 to date. I am currently the Acting Director, Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring/Management Information Systems Unit, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. I have also been privileged to contribute my quota to the development of the Obafemi Awolowo University in various other ways including, as: (i) Three-term Secretary to the Strategic Planning Committee for the Obafemi Awolowo University Strategic Plans for the periods: 2004-2008 and 2011-2015; 2016-2020. (ii) Secretary to the Committee that developed the proposal for the establishment of the Advancement Office; and (iii) Coordinated the organization of Retreat for members of Governing Council and University Administration on “Policy Frameworks for Transforming Obafemi Awolowo University to a World Class University”. I have attended several training workshops, seminars and conferences, home and abroad including College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA-HR) Annual Conference and Expo 2014, September 28-30, San Antonio, Texas, USA; 3rd Joint Conference of the Human Resources Management and PR Networks organized by the Association of Commonwealth Universities held from 13-16 July 2014 in Glasgow, UK; Association of University Administrators (AUA) UK, 2008,2010,2011,2013; European Association of International Education (EAIE), 2012; American Association of University Administrators (AAUA)Leadership Seminar, 2010 & 2016 @ Washington DC & San Antonio respectively; 16th International Meeting of University Administrators (IMUA), Vancouver, Canada, 2008; Strategic Leadership Training Workshop for OAU Management Staff, (OAU/STDU), 2008, Association of Nigerian University Professional Administrators annual conference of several years including 2017; Annual Management Conference of the Nigerian Institute Management (Chartered), 2017 etc.
Duties and Responsibilities: As the current Acting Director, Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring/Management Information Systems Unit, I oversee the functions of the Unit. The Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring/Management Information System Unit is the custodian of the University database and source of data for management decision. It is an administrative and professional support arm of the Registry that provide a range of management information and planning data to facilitate informed decision-making, planning and policy formulation for the overall strategic development of the University. The office is the initial point of contact on matters relating to statistical collections. The office also supplies statistical information reports to government agencies in the education and other related sectors. Specifically, the Unit has continued to carry out the following functions, amongst others:
- Development of data bank for planning and budgeting and information system for the University. This is to ensure constant availability of data in the data bank for the development of indices for planning and determination of performance indicators.
- Development of planning parameters and cost saving devices through the use of the modern scientific management methods and tools. This is to ensure the judicious utilization and management of the University’s resources through the use of scientific and modern budgeting techniques.
- Preparation of the annual estimates of the Recurrent Expenditure (in collaboration with the Bursary of the University).
- Development of the Action plan, Academic Brief, Strategic plan, etc. of the University.
- Monitoring of space and other facilities available in the University.
- Evaluation of the resources of the University and planning of the allocation of funds and other resources.
- Assisting in systems development
- Liaison with the National Universities Commission on all issues that pertains to academic planning and quality control of academic programmes.
- Collation of students and staff records for easy accessibility and analysis.
The Unit also services the following major Committees of the University.
- Development Committee
- Academic Planning Sub-Committee
- Finance Sub-Committee
- Space Planning and Allocation Committee
- Committee on Monitoring of the Implementation of the University Strategic Plan and various ad-hoc Committees are constituted from time to time.
Acting Director, Vice-Chancellor's Office
Mrs. M. I. Omosule
Acting Director, Vice-Chancellor's Office
Mrs. Margaret I. Omosule, the Acting Director, Vice-Chancellor's Office holds a B.A. (Edu.) & M. A. (Edu.) from the then University of Ife and the Obafemi Awolowo University in 1984 1990 respectively. She joined the services of the University in January 1995 as an Administrative Officer 1 after a short stint with the Osun State Teaching Service Commission. She attained the position of Deputy Registrar in 2008.
She has vast knowledge of university administration, having served in the following key areas of the University :
Division of Student Affairs, where she was involved in counselling and many projects aimed at enhancing students' retention and completion rate, particularly among indigents and female students. She also represented the Dean, Student Affairs on a number of strategic committees within the University.
The Directorate of Personnel Affairs, where she served in two out of the then three very important units saddled with the human resources functions of the University - Administrative and Technical Staff Establishment, as well as the Academic Staff Establishment
Directorate of Academic Affairs and served as the Deputy Registrar, Senate and later the Acting Director, Academic Affairs before being redeployed to her current posting in April 2017.
Mrs. Omosule is well- travelled and has attended a number of training programmes pertaining to university administration as well as those bordering on youth development nationally and
internationally. Furthermore, she had, in the course of her career in the University, served as a Resource Person to some externally funded research projects and training activities. She is a recipient of Carnegie of New York and Netherlands' Scholarships. There are two published journal articles and a Conference proceeding to her credit.
Mrs. Omosule is a member of the Association of Nigerian University Administrators, Nigerian Institute of Management, the Association of Women's Rights in Development. Critical Thinking Community and Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration . She was among the HERS SA Alumna who saw to the inauguration of HERS WA in 2015. She is keenly interested in improving administrative processes using general management principles, as well as Lean Thinking and Critical Thinking.