The Directorate has responsibility for serving as the secretariat of the University Council and its Committees and providing hospitality to Council members whenever they are on the campus. It assists Council and its Committees to administer capital projects. Through the Tenders Unit, it coordinates the pre- and post-contract activities of contractors, consultants, the Capital Projects Unit and other related bodies working on projects.
Specifically, the functions of the Directorate include:
- Assisting the Registrar and Secretary to Council in servicing Council and its Committees.
- Assisting Council and its relevant Committees to administer all capital and rehabilitation projects.
- Overseeing the activities of the Tenders Unit by co-ordinating the pre- and post-contract award activities of consultants, contractors, the Physical Planning and Development Unit, the Division of Works and Maintenance Services and other related organs of the University on capital and rehabilitation projects.
- Preparing briefs for the Registrar on policy matters, and speeches for the Pro-Chancellor e.g. Convocation speech.
- Preparation of draft agenda and papers for meetings of Council, Finance and General Purposes Committee and Tenders Board.
- Implementation, on behalf of the Registrar, of all decisions of Council and its various Committees such as the Finance and General Purposes Committee and the Tenders Board.
- Secretary to Honorary Degrees Committee and Management for University Acquired Landed Properties.
- Preparing the Digest of Council Decisions after each meeting of Council.
- Arranging hospitality and other welfare services for the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council and other external members of Council whenever they visit the University.
- Leading Council procession and full participation at the University’s annual Convocation ceremonies.
- Co-ordination of the activities of the Physical Planning and Development Unit, Division of Works and Maintenance Services, Contractors and Consultants.
- Provision of advice on issues relating to contracts administration, implementation and monitoring.
- Liaising with the Legal Unit on the legal implications of contracts administration.
- Custody and organization of contractual agreements, drawings and other records in the Tenders Unit to facilitate easy retrieval.
- Administration of all contracts, major and minor.
- Servicing of the following Committees of University Governing Council:
- Tenders Board
- Tenders Sub-Committee
- Finance and General Purposes Committee
- Building, Works and Estate Committee
- Projects Advisory Sub-Committee
- Projects Implementation Sub-Committee
- Capital Projects Implementation Sub-Committee
- Project Siting Sub-Committee
- Petty Contracts Sub-Committee
- Task Force on the Rehabilitation of Students Halls of Residence
- Management Committee and Review/Selection Panel, Central Technological Laboratory and Workshop (CTLW)
- University Management Committee for the University’s Acquired Landed Properties
- Pre-Qualification Committee
- Resident Due Process Committee
- Students’ Village Development Committee
- Ad-Hoc Committee(s) on Tenders/Capital and Rehabilitation Projects
- Other Ad-Hoc Committees that may be set up by Council from time to time.
|Staff of the Directorate|
|Mr. M.O. Agbaje||B.A. (Legon), DPA, MBA (Ife)||Acting Director|
|Mrs. G.O. Aluko||BSc.,PGDPA||Principal Assistant Registrar|
|Mr. A.O. Adeniyi||B.A.Educ.(English),MPA||Principal Assistant Registrar|
|Mr. A.J. Adetunji||B.A.(Philosophy)||Administrative Officer I|
|Miss I.O. Ajayi||B.Tech.(Industrial Chemistry)||Administrative Officer II|
|Mrs. O.M. Olusanya||ND, HND (Secretarial Admin.)||Principal Confidential Secretary|
|Mr. M.E. Eluwole||WASC,GCE||Assistant Chief Executive Officer|
|Mrs. K.B.Adeyemo||ND,HND(Secretarial Studies)||Principal Confidential Secretary|
|Mr. J.O. Bamigboye||Certificate in Computer||Principal Executive Officer I|
|Mrs. R.A. Jikeme||G.C.E, Cert. in Typewriting,
Cert. in Computer
|Chief Secretarial Assistant|
|Mrs. V.B. Adefila||G.S.E.,G.C.E.,Cert. in Computer||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. A. Obabire||NCE(Accounting &Distributive Education),E.D.P, WASC, GCE, Cert. in Computer||Chief Secretariat Assistant|
|Mr. O.O.Ogunleye||NECO,EDP, BSc (Acct)||Secretarial Assistant I|
|Mr. T.A. Oke||GCE,Sch. Leaving Cert.,Cert.of Continue Educ.,Govt.Trade Test III,||Senior Superintendent Driver I|
|Mr. A.Elutilo||WASC,S.75, Trade Test||Senior Motor Driver II|
|Mr. O.Akinsete||WASC, Apprentice Mechanical Certificate, Trade Tests III,II,I||Senior Motor Driver II|
|Mr. E. Oni||SSCE||Clerical Officer|
|Mr. W.T. Sanusi||WAEC||Office Assistant|