The Directorate of Academic Affairs is the Office under which the University Senate carries out all its functions as itemized in Section 16 sub-section 3 (a) – (y) in the University Edict for the achievement of the objectives of the University namely:
- to provide facilities for learning and to give instruction and training in such branches of knowledge as the University may desire to foster and in doing so to enable students to obtain the advantage of a liberal education;
- to promote by research and other means the advancement of knowledge and its practical application to social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological problems;
- to stimulate, particularly through teaching and research, interest in and appreciation of African culture and heritage.
In carrying out these functions on behalf of Senate, the Directorate of Academic Affairs has the following units – Senate Division, Admissions Office, Examinations and Records Unit, while the Director’s Office coordinates activities in the various units.
|Staff of the Director’s Office|
|Mr. E. O. Afolabi||Director|
|Mrs R.O. Emmanuel||Confidential Secretary|
|Mr. O.O. Amusan||System Programmer II|
|Mrs. N. E. Ajayi||Executive Officer|
|Mr. S. Ajiferuke||Chief Office Assistant|
The Senate Division of the University is responsible for servicing the following Committees and Sub-Committees:
- Committee of Deans
- Financial Support Sub-Committee
- Academic Matters Sub-Committee
- Ad-Hoc Committees of committee of Deans
- Business Committee of Senate
- Ad-Hoc committees of Senate
Committee of Deans
This is a body charged with the following terms of reference:
- To coordinate and advise Senate on Faculty entry requirements, Student quotas for each Faculty, admission policy and to act on behalf of Faculties during vacations on matters relating to admission and re-admission;
- To consider and report to the Vice-Chancellor or Senate as appropriate, the policy issues concerning change of course or Faculty by students;
- To consider and make recommendations to Senate on Scholarships, Bursaries and other awards;
- To administer the Learned Conferences Fund;
- To consider and make recommendations to Senate in respect of undergraduate scholarships and awards;
- To consider all cases of examination misconduct and advise the Vice-Chancellor;
- To consider the determination of conditions and other details of prizes offered to the University;
- To deal with such academic matters referred to it by Senate or the Vice-Chancellor.
One of the most important functions of the Committee is the consideration of results of undergraduate students. While the results of non-graduating students terminate at this level, those of graduating students are processed further to Senate. Other matters considered by the Committee include the award and institution of prizes, leave of absence beyond two semesters termination or withdrawal of studentship as well as any other academic matters referred to it.
Financial Support Sub-Committee
This Committee is an ad-hoc Committee of the Committee of Deans charged with the administration of the Learned Conferences’ Fund. It not only considers applications for support to attend local and overseas conferences but also considers applications to host national and international conferences.
There are three categories of conferences for which applications are received and considered. They include:
- Individual applications
- Group applications
- Hosting of Conferences by Faculties/Colleges.
Presently, the amount granted for each category is as stipulated:
- Individual Sponsorship: N40,000 for a maximum of 5 days and mileage claim at N5.00 per kilometer
- Group Sponsorship: N100,000.00
- Hosting: N100,000 with a proviso that a Faculty benefits from either group sponsorship or hosting once in a year.
- International Conferences: – N250.000.00
- For individual sponsorship, applications are made on prescribed forms. For group sponsorship a letter of application stating the names of all applicants preferably not more than six people, and selecting a convener for the group would suffice. The fund can be accessed by administrative and technical members of staff of the University and there are separate votes for academic and non-teaching staff.
- Approval is subject to availability for funds.
- Applications should be forwarded to Senate Office at least two months before the date of the Conference, hence applications made retroactively are not considered.
- Only two applicants from the same Faculty/Department can be sponsored for the same Conference and a Dean/Provost cannot attend a conference more than two times in a year, one as Dean and the other as a scholar.
- All beneficiaries are expected to forward a brief report and the air-ticket stump (for international conferences) two weeks after the arrival from Conferences.
Academic Matters Sub-Committee
This is a Sub-Committee of the Committee of Deans charged with the responsibility of considering all new or revised academic programmes from Faculties. It complements the efforts of the Academic Planning sub-Committee, where policies and criteria for academic development are formulated.
Being a Sub-Committee of the Committee of Deans, it takes and considers papers on behalf of the Committee of Deans. Papers processed to this Sub-Committee are expected to have been considered by Development Committee if there are financial implications and would therefrom be processed further to Business Committee en route Senate.
The following information is expected to be provided in the recommendation for new programmes:
- Aims and Objectives
- Programme offered and Duration
- Admission Requirements stating subject combinations
- Requirements for the Award
- Course Outline and Course Content
Business Committee of Senate
This Committee is usually described as the clearing house for Senate. All matters processed to Senate must pass through the Committee which would make appropriate recommendations and comments where necessary.
Recommendations from the Committee of Deans such as results of graduating students and other policy issues are processed through this Committee to Senate.
Recommendations are also received directly from Board of the Postgraduate College, Development Committee, Appointment and Promotions Committee, as well as from Faculty Boards (i.e. Faculty Boards Minutes). Minutes of Faculty Boards are approved and reports forwarded to Senate on them. Matters such as applications for leave of absence and applications to register for less than 15 units are approved from the minutes on behalf of Senate. Applications for leave of absence for more than two semesters, reinstatement/withdrawal of studentship, institution of prizes, naming of lecture theatres and endowment of chair are the exclusive prerogatives of Senate and should be extracted from the minutes and processed further through the Committee of Deans to Senate for ratification.
This is the final approving body on academic matters. It is the terminal point for such matters and any approval made at this point automatically becomes a decision for implementation. Senate also considers other recommendations from the Development Committee, Appointments and Promotions Committee and other matters referred to it by the Vice-Chancellor the Pro-Chancellor or the Council.
Senate Ad-Hoc CommitteesThese are Committees constituted for specific purposes i.e. to address urgentl issues and make recommendations to Senate for consideration and approval. They operate by deadlines and are not statutory but terminate with the assignments.
Membership of such Committee could be drawn from Senate while members of staff who are not Senate members may be co-opted.
|Staff of the Unit|
|Mrs M.I. Omosule||Deputy Registrar|
|Mr O.O. Adekoya||Principal Assistant Registrar|
|Mr Ileladewa A.O.||Senior Assistant Registrar|
|Mrs Oyedele Folasayo||Administrative Officer II|
|Mrs O. F. Esan||Confidential Secretary I|
|Mr A. Adepitan||Chief Secretarial Assistant|
|Mr. Z.A. Adediwura||Chief Secretarial Assistant|
|Mrs Alice Ololade Ojo||Senior Secretarial Assistant|
|Mr O. Olubanjo||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Miss Oluwakemi Osin.||Clerical Officer|
|Mrs E.A. Akinsola||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr R.A. Mustapha||Senior Clerical Officer|
|Mr E.U. Alexander||Office Assistant|
Examinations and Records Division
The underlisted activities are carried out by the division:
- Preparation of Lectures and Examinations Time-Table.
- Photocopying of Continuous Assessment Tests and Examination Questions
- Records keeping, issuance of examination results and transcripts
- Issuance of “To Whom It May Concern”.
- Issuance of Letter of Introduction to Corper member
- Ordering for printing, storage and issuance of certificates
- Procurement, storage, distribution and maintenance of academic robes
- Keeping of students’ records and statistics
- Management of photocopying machines
- Processing of decision on Examinations Malpractices
- Processing of letters dismissal, suspension, warning and queries to erring students. All the cases of examination malpractices forwarded to the Unit have been treated and the outcome has been communicated to the affected students
- Compilation of graduate list for convocation ceremonies
- Handing of all examination Malpractices/Irregularities referred to the unit and processing of recommendation as approved by the Vice-Chancellor. These would be forwarded the appropriate Centre Committee, after which recommendations would be further processed as directed by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Processing of certificates of affiliated Institutions for the registrar’s signature. For the current year we have been clearing the backlog of certificates from the affiliated Institutions
- The Unit treat all correspondence from both local and international institutions like Wold education Services and council for the Regulation of Engineers of Engineering in Nigeria to mention a few
- The Unit continues to generate fund for the University through requests for academic transcript
Staff on Ground
|Mrs. S.T. Adebona||Deputy Registrar|
|Mrs. E.F. Ojo||Senior Assistant Registrar|
|Mrs. Y.O. Akinyele||Assistant Registrar|
|Mr. A.A. Odulusi||Confidential Secretary I|
|Mrs. E.D. Oderhowho||Chief Typist|
|Mrs. E. Adeoye||Chief Typist|
|Mrs. M. Okobe||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. M.O. Alabi||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. O. Adeniyi||Chief Typist|
|Mr. S.K. Agboola||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. J.O. Familusi||Executive Officer|
|Mr. L.O. Oyelakin||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. F.O. Odeniyi||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Miss S.O. Ireh||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. J.O. Adedoyin||Executive officer|
|Mrs. V.M. Omilabu||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. E.M. Amusan||Senior Typist|
|Miss V. Abba||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. E.N. Uwalaka||Asst. chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. S. Akande||Assistant Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. A.A. Akinsola||Assistant Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. R.A. Toromade||Assistant Secretary I|
|Mrs. I.A. Owojori||Assistant Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. F.R. Otun||Assistant Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. Ezekiel Daniel||Assistant Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. Bade Bakare||Assistant Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. Femi Falana||Assistant Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. G. Adesiyan||Chief Office Assistant|
|Mrs. T. Lawal||Corper|
|Mrs. V.O. Olawole||Senior Clerical Officer|
|Mr. D.O. Ajao||Typist II|
|Mrs. O. Olarewaju||Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. S.O. Omisakin||Clerical Officer|
|Mr. E.A. Adeyemi||Clerical Officer|
|Mr. M. T. Alabi||Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. T.A. Ariyibi||Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. A.C. Obadina||Clerical Officer|
|Miss O. Oladejo||Clerical Officer|
|Mr. A.E. Akinbitan||Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. A.C. Obadina||Clerical Officer|
|Mr. O. Oladipupo||Senior Clerical Officer|
Admissions Office is a Unit that deals primarily with monitoring and coordination of students admissions to degree programmes and transfer from other Universities.
The unit ensures strict compliance with the various guidelines on admission as laid down by Senate from time to time. It also processes applications for change of course from one Faculty/Department to the other and recommendations for dismissal and withdrawal of students who use cancelled or forged school certificate for admission.
The following activities are carried out by the unit:
- Counseling of students on academic and welfare matters.
- Sale of Inter University and Inter Departmental Change of Course forms.
- Processing of Direct Entry, UME admission lists of students and liaison with JAMB Office on such list as appropriate.
- Screening of fresh students at the point of registration
- Authentication of scholarship list of students who win such awards.
|Staff of the Unit|
|S.O. Kehinde||Principal Assistant Registrar|
|O.O. Omole||Principal Assistant Registrar|
|S.K. Arabi||Chief Sec. Asst.|
|E.F. Adebanji||Chief Clerical Officer|
|K.A. Dada||Chief Sec. Asst.|
|C. Odisi||Chief Clerical Asst.|
|Umosekhaimhe Bridget A.||Sec. Assistant|
|Jeje Sunday Olaleye||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Sawyerr Oluwakemi||Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. G.O. Olarewaju||Executive Officer|
|Mr. M.N. Nwizar||Chief Clerical Officer|
|M. N. Nwizar||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. O.I. Ojo||Executive Officer|
|F. F. Oyesola (Mrs.)||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. M.O. Alao||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs H.M. Akinlade||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. E.O. Odeyemi||Executive Officer|
|H. M. Akinlade (Mrs.)||Chief Clerical Officer|
|Mr. Akomolafe Gbenga O.||Clerical Officer|
|Mr. Olabode Ayomide O.||Clerical Officer|
|Mrs. C.B. Asiyanbola||Chief Clerical Officer|