The Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences provides the basic training and foundation for the MBChB and BCh.D programmes. The candidates eventually at the end of a comprehensive professional examination, move over to the faculties of clinical Sciences and Dentistry respectively to conclude the programme and receive thse degrees.
The faculty graduates students in the BNSc. and BMR degree programmes from the departments of Nursing Sciences of Medical Rehabilitation respectively.
At the post graduate level are:
- MSc./PhD. –Anatomy- department of Anatomy and Cell Biology
- MSc. –Chemical Pathology – department of Chemical Pathology
- MSc./PhD – Med. Micro/Parasitology- department of Med. Micro/Parasitology
- MSc./PhD – Nursing – department of Nursing Sciences
- MSc. PT. department of Medical Rehabilitation
- MSc./PhD. (Physiology) department of Physiological Sciences