Consequent upon the dissolution of the last Governing Council by the Federal Government and the recent reconstitution of the new Governing Council for the University, a notice was issued calling for nominations from 16th January, 2017.
At the close of nominations on Monday, 30th January, 2017, the following candidates were duly nominated.
1. Dr. I. O. Adewale – Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
2. Dr. E. A. Agbaje – Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring/MIS Unit
3. Professor D. O. Ogungbile – Department of Religious Studies
4. Dr. A. B. Olowookere – Bursary/Investment
5. Professor J. O. Ojo – Physics and Engineering Physics
6. Mr. Oluwajoba Mayowa Steven – Senate Division
7. Mr. Jimoh J. O. – Faculty of Education
8. Mr. Ogundiran F. O. – Faculty of Education
9. Dr. Adisa Ogunfolakan – Natural History Museum
10. Professor K. O. Osotimehin – Department of Management and Accounting
11. Dr. A. O. Ogunyemi – Department of History
12. Dr. Olusegun Babalola – Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
13. Dr. B. O. Odu – Department of Crop Production and Protection
14. Dr. A. Mosobolaje – Department of English
* Nominated candidates who may wish to withdraw from the contest should indicate in writing to the Director, Corporate Services before the close of work on or before Friday, 3rd February, 2017.
Please note that late indication of intention to withdraw will not be entertained in the interest of the sanctity of electoral materials.
Elections will be held on Wednesday, 8th February, 2017 to COUNCIL at the following venues:
(1) Ile – Ife, Main Campus – Flour ‘O’ University Hall/ Secretariat Building
(2) Ibadan, IAR&T – Lobby on the Ground Floor of Crescent Building (Administration Block), IAR&T, Moor Plantation, Ibadan.
(i) Balloting in Ile – Ife Centre will commence at 9.00a.m and close at 2.00p.m
(ii) Balloting in IAR&T Centre will commence at 10.00am and close at 1.00p.m.
If for any reason a member of Congregation who is entitled to vote at this election cannot do so personally, he or she can appoint another member of Congregation as proxy to attend and vote in his name. The notice of intention to vote in absential must reach the Registrar or Director, Directorate of Corporate Services/Secretary, IAR&T, Ibadan, not later than 48hours before the election date. The completed proxy form must be submitted by the person who collected it and must reach the undersigned not later than 4.00pm on Monday 6th February, 2017.
USE OF PROXY
i. A member of Congregation who is entitled to vote and wishes to vote but may not be available on the election day, should personally collect a Proxy Form from the Directorate of Corporate Services, fill and sign the Form indicating the name of his/her proxy, who may then vote on his/her behalf with the Proxy duly signed.
ii. Proxy forms, not obtained from and recorded with the Directorate of Corporate Services and Secretary, IAR&T, Ibadan will not be valid.
iii. Any elector who has given out proxy and who later wishes to exercise his/her right personally, should personally withdraw the proxy submitted to the Director, Directorate of Corporate Services or Secretary IAR&T, Ibadan, anytime before the election commences.
LIST OF MEMBERS OF CONGREGATION
The list of members of Congregation entitled to vote will be made available at the voting centres on the Election Day. Any person claiming to be entitled to vote but whose name does not appear on the list may be allowed to vote only, if his/her Head of Department formally certifies his/her membership of the Department. Such formal certification shall be submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer.
Each candidate is entitled to nominate a scrutineer. The name of the nominee should be notified in writing to the Director, Directorate of Corporate Services not later than 3.30 pm on Tuesday, 7th February, 2017.